11. About 10% of the population lives below the poverty line. This means that they earn less than $1.25 a day.
12. According to tradition, the groom and his family pay for the wedding.
13. The most popular genre is Jazz.
14. Armenians have their own language and alphabet created in the 4th / 5th century by Mesrop Masztoc.
15. In this country there was Mount Ararat on which, according to the Bible, it stopped after the flood of Noah’s Ark.
16. There are over 11 million Armenians in the world, but only 3 million live in the country.
17. Preparation of traditional dishes requires a lot of effort and is very time-consuming. It consists of many activities that should be performed separately and only in the final phase everything is connected to each other.
18. Armenians call their country Hajastan, and they call themselves Hajer. Hajka was the great grandson of Noah.
19. In 1915, during the First World War, the Armenian slaughter took place, as a result of which 30% of the then Armenian population lost their lives (over one million people).
20. After the Second World War, Armenia became the richest republic of the USSR.
21. There is no such thing as a prescription. In the pharmacy you can easily buy any antibiotic.
22. Drivers can not even have a trace of alcohol in their blood. 0.0 per milile applies.
23. The border with Turkey and Azerbaijan is closed to tourists.
24. Armenia was the first country in the world to be Christianity in the fourth century.
25. Men dress according to tradition in dark costumes.
26. In Armenia, many people can communicate in Polish.
27. Officials have a lunch break between 13 and 14 hours.
28. Since 2012, there is no change in winter time in summer in Armenia.
29. The minimum wage is 50,000 Armenian drama per month (data from 2014).
30. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 171 900 դր.
31. The amount of income tax in Armenia is 20%.
32. Men and women can retire at the age of 63.
33. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 17.6% .
34. The national alcohol is wine and Oghi.
35. In Armenia, an average person consumes about 5.3 liters of pure alcohol per year.
36. The most drinks are spirit – 85%, then beer – 10% and wine – 5%.
37. In this country, compulsory education lasts 9 years.
38. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
39. The average IQ level is 94.
40. In this country there are 0.2% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 6,000 people).
41. The national fruit is apricot.
42. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 40 to 60 km / h.
43. Outside the built-up area, the permitted speed is 90 km / h.
44. In 2013, 316 people lost their lives as a result of traffic accidents.
45. 1.9% of fatal accidents caused people under the influence of alcohol.
46. 23% of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 690,000 people).
47. 17% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
48. In this country there are over 7 792 km of paved roads (0.01% of all roads in the world).
49. In this country there are 11 airports, 10 of the paved surface.
50. In this country there are over 869 km of railway tracks.
51. There is a 13.4 km metro line in Yerevan (10 stations). It was opened in 1981. Approximately 15.8 million people use it annually.
52. In this country over
2 126 000 (2015) 2 126 716 (2018) people have access to internet (approximately 71% of the population).
870,000 (2015) 990,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
54. The country’s top-level domain is .am . There are over 21,314 websites with such an extension.
55. The most popular pages with the extension .am are: statigr.am, google.am and news.am.
56. This country has 2018 over year $2,008,000,000 in foreign exchange reserves (0.013% of foreign currency reserves of all countries in the world).
57. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $11,469,000,000 ,
– 2018 is $11,540,000,000 .
58. The internal debt at the beginning of 2015 was 41.2% GDP, i.e. around: $4 725 228 000 .
59. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 the year was around: $8,537,000,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $10,688,000,000 .
60. 24% of adults living in this country are overweight.
61. In this country an adult person smokes an average of 135 cigarettes a month.
62. The highest building in the country is the TV tower in Yerevan, 311.7 meters high. Established in 1977.
63. The lowest temperature: -41,9 °C was measured at Ashotsk.
64. The highest temperature: 43.7 °C was measured in Megri.
65. 90% of the country lies at an altitude of over 1,000 m.
66. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
67. The average life expectancy in this country is 73.7 years (women – 76.7 years and men – 70.2 years).
68. In this country, women can get married at the age of 17, and men aged 17.
69. In this country, women having their first child on average 23.5 years old.
70. 10 women give birth to 16 children on average.
71. The average age of people living in this country is 34.2 years.
72. The country is around:
– 571,000 people (19.05%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 2 106 000 people (70.24%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 321 200 people (10.71%) over 65 years old.
73. In this country, about 40 800 children are born each year (1.4% of the population), and about 28,000 people die (0.9% of the population).
74. The lowest situated place in the country is the Debed River – 400 m above sea level.
75. Armenia is the oldest Christian country in the world. The Lord of Tiridates was baptized in 301 AD
76. Dried apricot kernels, which are one of the most popular snacks in Armenia, on the one hand, are a natural cure for cancer, and on the other hand contain very harmful cyanide for health.
77. Since 2011, Armenia has been the first country in the world to introduce compulsory chess in schools.
78. In Armenia there are 17106 km2 of agricultural land (57% of the country).
79. 125 people out of 1000 possess firearms.
80. In this country, you can buy cigarettes from 19 years of age.
81. Siedan is the highest located city in the country.
82. In this country, formalities related to the establishment of the company last 24 days.
83. He joined the United Nations on March 2, 1992.
84. The work week is 40 hours.
85. 64% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
86. 2742 sq km of land is covered by forests (9.2%)
87. Armenia occupies 83 place in the ranking of the best armies in the world.
88. There are over 44,800 professional soldiers and 170,900 reservists (2018).
89. Number of equipment:
– 2018 year – 229 tanks, 636 armored vehicles, 64 jet aircraft and 42 helicopters.
90. The army in 2018 was assigned over 512 000 000 dollars.
91. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 36%, and for companies 20% (2018).
92. The tax on goods and services is 20% (2018).
93. The level of inflation in 2018 is 2.3%.