11. Beef from Argentina is the most desirable in the world for its taste and physical properties. Cows have a very strict diet without the addition of preservatives.
12. Crocodiles pose a huge problem for farmers. They kill about 100 people annually.
13. Argentina has the highest rate of female plastic surgery in the world.
14. The first animated films in the world were made and published in Argentina. Quirino Cristiani did this in 1917.
15. The hottest and coldest temperatures ever recorded in South America took place in Argentina.
16. One of the oldest and largest dinosaur fossils was unearthed in this country.
17. Some sources suggest that football was invented in Argentina in 1345.
18. Argentineans believe that 8 is the number of the devil.
19. The population mainly lives in big cities (over 100,000 inhabitants), only 12% of the population live in the villages.
20. Dance tango was made in Argentina. He was banned in the “upper classes” because he was considered immoral. It comes from the lower social classes of Buenos Aires
21. On March 13, 2013, the Argentinean became the first-ever pope from South America. Jorge Mario Bergoglio took the name of Franciszek.
22. In Patagonia, there is one of the largest glaciers in the Perito Moreno world. It covers an area of over 200 km2.
23. Gran Bajo de San Julián in the Santa Cruz province, is the lowest point of Argentina (105 m.p.p.).
24. The river La Plata at the mouth has a width of 220 km.
25. Position in the best world army list:
– 2015 year – 54 place,
– 2018 year – 36 place.
26. Number of soldiers:
– 2014 year – 73 000 professional and 31 000 reservists, < br> – 2018 year – 75 000 professional and 52 720 reservists.
27. Number of equipment:
– 2014 year – 290 tanks, 1000 armored vehicles, 280 jet aircraft and 95 helicopters,
– 2018 year – 390 tanks, 828 armored vehicles, 261 jet aircraft and 116 helicopters.
28. Expenses for the army:
– 2014 year – $4,300,000,000 ,
– 2018 year – $4,330,000,000 .
29. Maritime fleet …
– in 2014 , the year was around 56 ships, in 2018 of the year it’s about 57 ships.
30. Argentina is one of the main routes of drug trafficking from Ecuador.
31. The traffic lights at intersections are behind the pedestrian crossing.
32. In most places there are companies that allow you to rent a car with a driver.
33. Argentinian peaks (six thousand meters) with difficulty levels equal eight-thousanders.
34. In this country there is a special police formation intended for the protection of tourists.
35. The Spanish language used in Argentina differs in grammar and pronunciation.
36. Over 30% of citizens of this country live in the capital.
37. In many restaurants you can count on a discount if you pay in cash.
38. Ushuaia is the southernmost city in the world.
39. June 8 is the Day of the Polish Settler. Interestingly, since 1995 it has been a national holiday.
40. The minimum wage is 6,060 Argentine pesos for a maximum of 192 hours of work per month. The salary is paid 13 times a year (data from 2015).
41. The amount of income tax in Argentina is 35%.
42. Retired women can go at the age of 60, and men at the age of 65.
43. The unemployment rate in 2018 is 9.1% .
44. Five Argentines collected more than a billion dollars.
45. The richest brothers were Carlos and Alejandro Bulgheroni, whose joint property is over $5.3 billion.
46. The national alcohol is wine and Fernet.
47. In Argentina, an average person consumes about 9.3 liters of pure alcohol per year.
48. The most wine is drunk – 48%, then beer – 41%, spirit – 5%, and other alcoholic beverages – 6%.
49. In this country, compulsory education lasts 13 years.
50. The beginning of education begins at the age of 6.
51. The average IQ level is 93.
52. In Argentina, according to statistics, an average of one person reads 51 minutes a day.
53. In this country there are 1.9% of people above 15 years of age who can not read or write (approximately 819 507 people).
54. The national animal is a rusty potter bird.
55. Built-up area allowed speed depending on the area varies from 40 to 70 km / h.
56. In addition to built-up areas, the permitted speed on the normal road ranges from 80 to 110 km / h, and on highways from 120 to 130 km / h.
57. The permissible blood alcohol content in a person driving a car is 0.5 promille.
58. In 2013, 5,209 people lost their lives due to traffic accidents.
59. 27% of fatal accidents caused people who were under the influence of alcohol.
60. The country has over 23 120 000 motor vehicles registered (536 vehicles per 1 000 inhabitants).
61. Three percent of the population suffer from malnourishment (around 1,295,000 people).
62. 3.6% of the population live on less than 3 $a day.
63. In this country there are over 231 374 km of paved roads including over 734 km of expressways (0.36% of all roads in the world).
64. In this country there are 1 138 airports, 161 of the paved surface.
65. In this country there are over 36 966 km of railway tracks.
66. In Buenos Aires there is a metro line with a length of 53.9 km (85 stations). It was opened in 1913. Approximately 242 million people use it annually.
67. In this country over
34 785 000 (2015) 41 586 960 (2018) people have access to internet (about 95% of the population).
27,000,000 (2015) 30,000,000 (2018) accounts on Facebook.
69. The average internet connection speed is 4.2 Mb / s, and the maximum bandwidth is 26.9 Mb / s (data from the end of 2015).
70. The national top-level domain is .ar . There are over 442 720 websites with such an extension.
71. The most popular pages with the extension .ar are: google.com.ar, mercadolibre.com.ar and lanacion.com.ar.
72. The country has 2018 over $55 087 000 000 of foreign exchange reserves (0.23% of foreign exchange reserves of all countries of the world).
73. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) …
– in 2015 the year is $539 944 000 000 ,
– in 2018 the year is $638,000,000,000 .
74. Internal debt at the beginning …
– 2015 year was 43% GDP, or around: $232 175 920 000 ,
– 2018 of the year was 57.1% GDP, or around: $364,298,000,000 . To pay it off, each citizen would have to give around $8,446.
75. Foreign debt at the beginning …
– 2015 of the year was around: $147,000,000,000 ,
– 2018 of the year is around: $253,741,000,000 .
76. 30% of adults living in this country are overweight.
77. In this country an adult person smokes 87 cigarettes a month on average.
78. In this country homosexual marriages are legal from 22 July 2010.
79. In Buenos Aires there are over 1,710 buildings with a height exceeding 35 meters.
80. In Buenos Aires there are currently 9 “skyscrapers” (buildings with a height of over 150 meters).
81. The highest building in the country is a radio mast in Buenos Aires with a height of 252 meters.
82. The lowest temperature: -39 °C was measured in San Juan.
83. The highest temperature: 48.9 °C was measured in Rivadavia.
84. The most deadly disease in this country is heart failure.
85. The average life expectancy in this country is 75.3 years (women – 79.1 years and men – 71.5 years).
86. 5 Argentine citizens received the Nobel Prize.
87. The lowest situated place in the country is Laguna del Carbon – 105 m.p.p.
88. In this country, women can get married at the age of 16, and men aged 18.
89. 10 women give birth to 22 children on average.
90. The average age people living in this country is 31.4 years old.
91. The country is around:
– 10,784,000 people (24.74%) in the age range 0-14 years.
– 27 771 000 people (63.71%) in the age range 15-64 years.
– 5,034 700 people (11.55%) over 65 years old.
92. In this country, about 725 000 children are born each year (1.7% of the population), and about 320,000 people die (0.7% of the population).
93. The name Argentina means “Silver”. It was called by Spanish explorers who thought that there was a large deposit of silver in these areas. It was associated with a legend about the silver mountain.
94. On the pitch of the Argentine football club Racing Avellaneda, the bleachers from the pitch are separated by a deep moat with water, and a fence with barbed wire.
95. In the province of Santa Cruz in Argentina there is the Hand Cave (Cueva de las Manos) in which there are paintings of human hands, created about 13,000 years ago.
96. In this country there are the most psychiatrists in the world, counting per capita.
97. In Buenos Aires is the widest alley in the world (“Avenida 9 de Julio” – “Avenue 9 July”). It consists of 18 lanes.
98. The name “Colgate” in Spanish means “I’m going to hang myself”.
99. Argentinian paradox means a phenomenon when a rich country in a short time is on the verge of bankruptcy. Argentina was in this situation at the beginning of the 20th century.
100. Pope Francis decided that he would not travel as a citizen of the Vatican, but as a citizen of his country – Argentina.
101. At the end of the nineteenth century, the President of Argentina sent a war with Brazil, all their black citizens. They did not get a gun, which led to their death.
102. When buying dollars for a trip abroad, you must complete a governmental application in which you must specify: where, when and why you are leaving.
103. Argentineans are the most in the world listening to the radio. On average, 20 hours a week.
104. In 1917, the first full-length animated film entitled “El Apóstol” was created in Argentina.
105. One of the most popular dances in the world – tango, was created in Argentina.
106. Football player Dario Dubois, who worshiped Satan, went to the field with a black and white face painted. All the ads on the football apparel were taped with black tape. After finishing his career in 2005, he became a bassist in a black metal band, and three years later he was shot by an unknown perpetrator.
107. The percentage share in Argentina’s global economy in 2015 is 0.6% (compared to Poland’s share of 0.74%, and the United States – 23.32%).
108. An Argentine inhabitant consumes on average 65 kg of beef per year (the most in the world).
109. Argentina is the world’s largest exporter of pears and vegetable oil.
110. Left-sided traffic was in effect until June 10, 1945.
111. In this country, a person under 18 years of age is subject to criminal liability.
112. In Argentina there are 1480000 km2 of agricultural land (54% of the country).
113. 102 people in 1000 possess firearms.
114. El Aguilar is the highest located town in the country.
115. In this country, women have the right to vote since 1947.
116. In this country, the formalities associated with setting up a business last 32 days.
117. The country joined the UN on October 24, 1945.
118. The work week is 48 hours.
119. 90% of the country’s population lives in urban areas.
120. 327214 km2 of the country is covered by forests (12%)
121. The last death penalty was carried out in 1916.
122. In this country, the amount of income tax for individuals is 35%, and for companies 35% (2018).
123. The tax on goods and services is 21% (2018).
124. The level of inflation in 2018 is 31.2%.
125. Argentina has 61,700 kg of gold reserves (2018).
126. In 2018, the average monthly salary in this country is 26 100 $.