1. It grows wildly in areas from the northern part of South America to the southern part of the United States.
2. The scientific name is: Agave.
3. Agave is a plant belonging to the agave family.
4. It grows wildly in areas from the northern part of South America to the southern part of the United States.
5. All agave species bloom only once in a lifetime.
6. Most species of agave bloom within 5-15 years.
7. At the moment of flowering of some agave species, you have to wait for over 100 years.
8. After flowering, the plant dies.
9. In Poland, agave is grown as a pot plant.
10. Agave syrup is used as a sweetener.
11. The length of agave leaves reaches more than 2 meters.
12. The agave stem can be up to 14 meters tall.
13. About 8 years old blue agave produces tequila.
14. Peak spike with fiber, in the past Indians used for stitching.