11. About 25% of Londoners were born outside the UK. They speak over 300 different languages.
12. Britain is the only country in the world whose name does not appear on the state postage stamps
13. Buckingham Palace was built in 1702 on the site public house.
14. The English are addicted to tea. They drink the most in the world.
15. Contrary to popular erroneous belief, the famous Big Ben is not the name of the clock, only 13 ton bell.
16. In England, it is the world’s largest castle – Windsor Castle.
17. In the Middle Ages, the English often drank beer for breakfast.
18. The first telephone directory was founded in England in 1880. Were it only 25 names.
19. The first hot chocolate was served in England in the early 1600 years.
20. French was the dominant language of England from 1020 until the end of 1600 years.
21. British police do not carry guns.
22. The first attempts at organization, “modern” Olympic Games took place in Much Wenlock in England in 1850.
23. Oxford University is considered the most prestigious university in the world.
24. Edinburgh in Scotland was the first city in the world to have its own fire brigade.
25. Scotland is the home of golf.
26. Scotland is famous for one of the best whiskey in the world.
27. Edinburgh has been built as well as Rome – on seven hills.
28. In the UK there are 283 mountains that are over 900 meters high.
29. Mount Everest was named after Welshman, Sir George Everest.
30. Only 21% of the population speaks Welsh language.