11. Japan is an archipelago with more than 3 000 islands. The four main ones: Honshu, Kyushu, Shikoku and Hokkaido. These islands constitute as much as 97% of the total land area of Japan.
12. In a country that eats mainly fish and rice.
13. Some farmers are able to grow square watermelons.
14. With the machine, you can buy batteries, beer, wine, condoms, cigarettes, newspapers, comics, hot dogs, bulbs and female underwear.
15. The Japanese still wear kimono during various festivals and special events.
16. The tables in homes are very low, so that it could eat sitting on the ground.
17. When using the toilet, most Japanese imposes special “bathroom” slippers.
18. The country produces the most cars in the world. The best-known brands are: Toyota, Mazda, Daihatsu, Honda and Suzuki.
19. There are 4 different styles of writing: romaji, katakana, hiragana and kanji.
20. Japan is the only country in the world that has become a victim of the attacks of nuclear weapons. In 1945, the United States bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
21. Despite the cold winters, many Japanese homes still do not have central heating.
22. Tsukiji Market in Tokyo is the world’s largest fish bargain.
23. Japanese food is considered the most nutritious and healthy world.
24. It is considered rude to show signs of affection loved one in public. It is not proper even hold hands.
25. Green light is called “blue”.
26. Animated Japanese films and television programs account for 60% of the global entertainment-based animation.
27. Crime rate in Japan is one of the lowest in the world.
28. Traditionally accepted by the Japanese is to have a mistress, if the wife does not give birth to a child.
30. In Japan, mothers often sleep in the same bed with young children, while her husband is sleeping in his bed in another room.