11. More than 10% of Haitian children die before five years of age.
12. 80% of Haitians live below the poverty line and 54% in extreme poverty. The average annual income is $ 480.
13. The average Haitian earns less than $ 3 a day.
14. Only 53% of people can read and write.
15. Less than 5 people in the 1000 car.
16. In Haiti there are no railways.
17. In 1802, after the death of revolutionary leader Toussaint L’Ouverture, his chief lieutenant, Jean-Jacques Dessalines proclaimed himself the first emperor of Haiti and ordered to kill the majority of white people in the country.
18. In the eighteenth century, Haitians have developed a complicated tables genetic origin, dividing mulattos over a hundred shades of black and white.
19. Only 10% of all Haitian children can learn in school and go to high school.
20. The traditional sport is fighting roosters.
21. It is the most mountainous country in the Caribbean.
22. Haiti is one of the most deforested nations in the world.
23. Descendants of African slaves, represent 95% of the population of Haiti.
24. More than 40% of the population is under 14 years of age.
25. Haiti is a hub of drug trafficking, particularly cocaine distributed in South and Central America, Europe and the United States.
26. 12 January 2010 there was an earthquake that killed more than 160 000 people.
27. The island of Haiti to the nineteenth century was called Hispaniola.
28. The minimum wage ranges from 125 gourde (about $2.3) per day to 300 gourde (about $5.5) per day, depending on the profession (as of 2014).
29. In Haiti, on average, an adult consumes about 6,4 liters of pure alcohol.
30. National alcohol is rum Barbancourt.