11. China has the world’s oldest calendar – lunar dating from 2600 r. BC
12. They have the world’s largest mushroom farms (60% of all species on earth). In 1996 they produced 600 000 tonnes.
13. China is now the leading manufacturer of bicycles.
14. Every fifth person on earth lives in China.
15. The Chinese invented paper, gunpowder, the compass, printing.
16. The whole China is in one time zone.
17. Many historians believe that football originated in China around 1,000 years BC
18. There is an average of 250 protests a day.
19. Ping-pong is one of the most popular games in China.
20. Fortune cookies are a traditional Chinese custom, invented in 1920.
21. Toilet paper was invented in China in 1300. The luxury that could afford only the emperor.
22. One of the most popular hobby is collecting stamps.
23. According to popular legend, tea was discovered by Chinese Emperor Shennong in 2737 BCE when tea leaf accidentally fell into his bowl of boiling water.
24. Pandas are a symbol of strength and courage.
25. White color is a symbol of mourning.
26. In the second century of our era, the Chinese discovered that the blood flows throughout the body and is pumped by the heart. In Europe, it was discovered only in the seventeenth century.
27. The most important festival in China is the Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year. The Chinese believe that every human being becomes a year older after the New Year, so this day is for everyone “birthday”.
28. The red color symbolizes good luck.
29. Currently there live about 32 million more boys than girls.
30. In China, there is the highest peak of the world Mount Everest (8848 m n.p.m).