11. The legal system in Algeria is based on French law and Islamic.
12. It is the largest country in Africa.
13. More than 80% of Algeria is located in the Sahara desert.
14. The highest recorded temperature is 50.6 degrees Celsius.
15. 25% of people live on less than $ 2 a day.
16. Sonatrach – the state oil company is the largest company in Africa.
17. French footballer Zinedine Zidane has Algerian roots.
Military potential in 2014
18. Algeria occupies 31 place in the ranking of the most powerful armies in the world.
19. It is 500 000 professional soldiers and 400 000 reservists.
20. Algeria has 1000 tanks, 1700 armored vehicles, 400 jet aircraft and 180 helicopters.
21. The navy consists of more than 35 ships.
22. On army pay annually more than $10 billion.
23. The roads in Algeria are marked in Arabic and French.
24. It happens that terrorists disguised as policemen blocking the road and rob tourists.
25. In Ramadan during the day you can not smoke in public places.
26. Thursday and Friday is a day off from work.
27. On Saturday, all the museums are closed.
28. All shopkeepers and civil servants are at noon break.
29. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs recommends that the Polish tourists resignations from a trip to this country.
30. The minimum wage is 18 000 Algerian dinars (about $170) per month (data from 2012).