11. New Year in Afghanistan called Nawroz, celebrated on 21 March. This is the first day of spring.
12. An estimated 16 000 000 Afghans are illiterate.
13. Afghanistan belongs to the group of least developed countries in the world.
14. This is one of the poorest countries in the world. On “the bottom” they led him many years of war and the almost complete lack of foreign investment.
15. In many Afghan villages, on average, two out of three women are widows.
16. In ancient times the area of the country were the focal point of the “Silk Road”.
17. Despite the many rivers and water reservoirs, a large part of the country is dry.
18. Afghanistan is likened to Egypt in terms of historical archaeological sites.
19. Many archaeologists believe that people in areas of the country appeared more than 50 000 years ago, creating the world’s first community.
20. Afghanistan has the highest mortality rate of pregnant women in the world.
21. The river Amu Darya located at an altitude of 258 m above the sea level It is the lowest point in Afghanistan.
22. Only 3% of the country covered with forests.
23. It was only in 2010 started in Afghanistan, the construction of the railway network.
24. The country is famous for its large production of opium. Every year, it created more than 4 000 tonnes.
Military potential in 2014
25. Afghanistan occupies 76 place in the ranking of the most powerful armies in the world.
26. It is 200 000 professional soldiers and reservists.
27. Afghanistan has 800 tanks, 9,000 armored vehicles, 120 jet aircraft and 90 helicopters.
28. On army pay annually more than $11.5 billion.
29. Lieutenant Niloofar Rhmani in May 2013 as the first woman in the history of the Afghan Air Force received the status of the pilot.
30. The minimum wage of government employees is 5 000 afghani (about $78.3). Employees of private companies do not have a fixed minimum wage (as of 2014).